Pages

Tuesday 13 September 2016

Sustainability

Aim:

I want to find out how to grow a sustainable garden.

Things I need to consider:
    • Can the plants grow in our climate?
    • What plants can you grow when planted in September?
    • How long do they take to mature? When can they be harvested?
    • How many mature plants will fit into my garden size?
    • How can I water them during the holidays?
    • How do I keep pests away?


    I will grow 
    2 water melons 
    4 corns 
    14 potato plants 
    This is our plan:
    auto watering things:
    i will have 5 big bottles make a hole at the top and stick the top in the ground next to the root
    Screen Shot 2016-09-13 at 1.10.02 pm.png
    How to keep the pests away:
    we will put scare crows around the garden to keep the birds away and put beer to distract the slugs and put egg shells around the garden so the slugs would die.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.