Pages

Friday 24 May 2019

My Digital Drill Gauge


This is my digital and custom made Drill gauge. I made the drill gauge by using a cylinder platform and making it thin and small so that it doesn't look weird. The holes are 3,4,5,5.5,6,6.8,8,10. The measurements are for the drills that the students usually use. I would use this to measure drills at home. I learned how to use Tinkercad better and what I found challenging was making the holes on the cylinder.  I have made an update on my tinkered and it now looks like this.  


As you can see all I did was just put my name on it but it looks better in my opinion because it has my name on it. It is also very helpful because if I lost it they would know who the owner is because it says my name on it. I am thinking of making the name as a hole so that it looks even better.


After I changed my work, I decided if I should make the name a hole or not. Mt decision at the end was to change the text from a solid to a hole. This is what it looks like now. 



In my opinion, I have chosen the right decision because it now looks better.

What have I learned? I have learned how to use tinkercad to make a digital 3D image of a drill gauge that I customized personally. 




2 comments:

  1. Good work Gabriel on the design of your Drill Gauge. What do you think about putting numbers next to the holes to identify the size of the hole ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Gabriel. I really like how you have shown us the first prototype, and how you have changed it by adding your name. maybe next time you could show us and write how big the holes are. But other that that it a very good Drill gage

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.